Go to navigation Go to content

How do I buy...


Commodities for this category

Food Trucks

Submitted by vestt on Fri, 10/02/2020 - 13:20

If a food truck wishes to operate on the University property, they must first work with the appropriate office to determine what food service rules and parking regulations may apply.


More information coming soon.

Automotive Supplies & Services

Submitted by umadmin on Sun, 02/02/2020 - 15:34

Automotive parts for University owned vehicles and automotive equipment totaling less than $5,000 may be purchased using the University One Card. Purchases between $5,000 and $10,000 require a PeopleSoft Requisition.

Purchases over $10,000 require competitive quotes, or written bid requests with detailed specifications prepared by UM Procurement.

Charter Air & Bus Services

Submitted by umadmin on Mon, 11/18/2019 - 15:31

Charter services include charter air flights, chartered buses and similar transportation services.  For services that are needed on an ongoing or long-term basis, contact UM Procurement to establish a contract for services.

Charter Buses - All agreements for Charter Bus Services must be reviewed and processed by UM Procurement PRIOR to the commencement of the trip.  If the cost is less than $5,000, and the agreement has been signed by the appropriate party, you may use your OneCard for payment.  If the cost is over $5,000, you must submit a PeopleSoft requisition.

Truck (Commercial) Rental

Submitted by umadmin on Thu, 08/29/2019 - 14:12

Rental of trucks (heavy duty trucks, cargo vans, moving vans, commercial) for business purposes should be made with our contracted supplier Enterprise Truck Rental. University employees are encouraged to utilize this contract when possible.  This would include daily or long-term rental needs.

Our contract provides rates and coverage information. When renting from Enterprise Truck Rental DECLINE all insurance offerings – rental rates include CDW and Liability Insurance coverage.

Event Equipment Rental Services/Agreements

Submitted by umadmin on Wed, 08/28/2019 - 14:11

The rental of event equipment (such as tables, chairs, photo-booths, inflatables, etc.) should be directed through UM Procurement.  Any agreements requiring signature must be reviewed and approved by UM Procurement prior to rental. Some equipment may require physical damage insurance when rented.

If no agreement is required, or if the agreement has  been processed by UM Procurment and the total rental is less than $5,000, the OneCard may be used. 

Conference Registration/Events/Hospitality

Submitted by umadmin on Wed, 08/28/2019 - 14:10

This category includes conference registration fees, purchase of supplies and meals for interviewees/speakers, meeting expenses, visitor's lodging, department coordinated student events and other authorized expenditures related to the mission of the university.

Conference Registration Fees - If travel to a conference has been approved by the appropriate source, conference registration fees may be paid with the OneCard. 

Subscribe to Services